FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro burned disk acting like a data disk in DVD player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Cavaliere
DVD Studio Pro burned disk acting like a data disk in DVD player
on Dec 30, 2010 at 8:10:17 pm

I am trying to use DVD Studio Pro to burn a HD DVD. I have done this before and therefor confused as to why this is happening to me now. Problem: I create a menu, add a track and then burn the DVD. It will play back as expected on the apple computer. When I play it on a DVD player (HD) it considers the Disk to be a Data Disk and will not play. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Studio Pro burned disk acting like a data disk in DVD player
on Dec 30, 2010 at 8:48:23 pm

Do you have a HD DVD player this disc will not work on a bluray player.

Return to posts index

Susan Cavaliere
on Dec 30, 2010 at 8:58:37 pm

I believe that one of the DVD players that I tried plays both bluray and HD and it comes up as a data disk. The other player is actually playstation 3, which can play Bluray as well as HD.
Let's say that is the problem, is there a quick fix?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 30, 2010 at 11:28:21 pm

BluRay is HD but it is not HD DVD there was only a couple players made that could play both formats and they have not been made for a couple of years. HD DVD is a dead format. Unless the player has HD DVD logo on it, it will not play these disc. If you want to play HD material you need to be burn it as BluRay, which can be done is the new version of Compressor but not DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Dec 31, 2010 at 4:14:36 pm

hi,
if you still want to create a DVD instead of an HD-DVD you need to export your item-description of your entire disk. then open that file using text-edit and change your disk from HD-DVD to DVD.

you need to look for string HD and change it to SD, then save the item-description.

import that item-description into a new dvd-studio-project.

voila.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]