FORUMS: list search recent posts

ISRC software editors?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cleverly
ISRC software editors?
on Dec 22, 2010 at 2:31:25 am

Hi all,

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Christmas period...

Could anyone please tell me if there is a reasonably priced software option for the Mac that allows you to edit ISRC codes from a DDP file and then allow to write back to that (or a new) DDP file in readiness for the replicator?

I have been looking at DVDAfterEdit, but $700 seems a fair bit of money to pay just to edit those codes...even though I know it does much more than just that...

Cheers,

David

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: ISRC software editors?
on Dec 22, 2010 at 9:48:06 am

hi david,
why don´t you look for someone who have DVD AE nearby to do this job, if you´re not wiling to pay for it. DVD AE is a very good tool, as you mentioned. I would do it for you if you would live in germany.

you might email larry (the programmer of DVD AE) if he might do the job for you, I know he did a few jobs for customers - give it a try.

in my opinion DVD AE has to be in every DVD-authors tool-list.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:35:11 pm

Yeah if you're at that level of DVD authoring you should invest in the right tools. That's what separates the true pros from the would-be's....

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

David Cleverly
on Dec 28, 2010 at 1:57:08 am

Thanks, Gents...

I purchased DVDSE anyway and, although I don't envisage me using it that much, it will be a very handy tool to have in the kit. and, let's face it, I had to have it then as the job had to be completed within that few days. It worked well, although I was flying by the seat of my pants most of the way, so I hope the Master ended up being in the correct format, etc...

Thanks for the opinions...and all the best for 2011.

David

Return to posts index

Carl Schuurbiers
on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:29:42 am

Ok, bumping an old thread here, I hope someone notices...

Long time DVD Studio Pro user here, now trying to get to grips with Adobe Encore.

I need to put ISRC codes in a DVD master, and to have reliable control over the layer breakpoint, and write DDP files accordingly. I am using PGCedit and Imgburn on PC to burn dual-layer discs for preview purposes, but as far as I know it can't write DDP files.

I understand DVD After Edit is a decent piece of software that does this, among many other things, and I would have no problem investing in this program, except that it doesn't run on 10.7 and most probably never will. (I asked the software maker)

Are there any other options these days for this? Mac or PC, doesn't matter.

Thanks,
Carl.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 1, 2012 at 10:25:54 pm

to create DDP-images you can use gearmaster pro, but I´m not sure if it could add ISRCs.

if you could upload your stuff to a FTP I could add the ISRCs and create a DDP-image using DVD AE for a charge, if you like.

please contact me offlist: info (at) moviedesign.de

cheers

dany

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]