FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying A Button Selection Area over Video?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james alder
Applying A Button Selection Area over Video?
on Dec 19, 2010 at 10:47:20 pm

Hi - i'm sure this is really quite simple but between online videos and the manual i'm getting nowhere after 7 hours or so . .

Question background info: I have as the background of my menu a video clip that plays out and loops that i built in fcp. Included in this menu-backing video is also my text from photoshop over-layed on top of the video, it's all there as one layer in the video in dvdsp.

Question: I now want to select an area around each text graphic on the video, and make that selection into a button that will then play it's assigned asset.

I pull a dotted button rectangle around each line of text to define the button area, fine. Then i pull over a shape like a small arrow, but it labels it as another button and doesn't just drop itself in the selected area (button) that i'd previously made for the little arrow to be included within.

My plan was to then assign the dormant, selected and activated states via the buttons tab.

When this just wasn't working (with the little arrow being stretched to fill the entire width of the selected button area around the text - no good) i then just tried choosing one of the buttons raw and setting it at the end of each line of text (movie title, extras etc) - but even then i just didn't seem to be able to assign any color coding over it to signal the dormant selected and activated states, or adjust the transparency.

Even though i have the button selected no adjustment to the parameters in the tab were effecting it at all.

My task is to simply select an area of the video motion menu and assign button parameters to it via the changing color of a simple shape like a small arrow. instead i'm closer to ripping off my own head in frustration. I only want the color of the small icon used to bullet-point each line of text to change color in the selected states, and not fill or highlight the entire area surrounding (my button selection) the graphic-text in the background video.

Over ten years in FCP and photoshop, but here i put my hands in the air - any and all advice appreciated greatly,

Thank you,
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]