FORUMS: list search recent posts

How much does one charge for a DVD authoring job?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Chap
How much does one charge for a DVD authoring job?
on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:32:05 pm

As anyone who's seen my posts has probably gathered, I have just completed my first ever DVD authoring job for a client. I'm about to send it over to diskmakers to get it printed. My final question is: How much should one charge for an authoring job like this?

Here's a quick rundown of what i did:

Used a graphic as an intro media, then this faded to the menu in which six different videos could be selected. The graphics were taken from the cover design that will be printed on the front and the traycard of the DVD (which i also did but i will be charging him seperately for graphic design). He supplied the six videos in HD that had to be converted to DVD widescreen.

He's a good client and will probably pay whatever i charge him, but i would also rather not overcharge him, especially since it took me so long to get it to him.

What would you guys usually charge for a job like this? (in US Dollars. or any currency. i can convert it)

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: How much does one charge for a DVD authoring job?
on Dec 17, 2010 at 7:48:39 pm

Hi,
I would guess you need arround 1 working-day for that (incl. encoding, burning and testing). I normally charge 350-400€ per day. assets-encoding is about 1.70€/min for 1 video + 1 AC3-audio-track.

DVD-Reautoring and working with DVD AfterEdit would be charged differently.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]