FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD architect playlist problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christian Aaron
DVD architect playlist problem
on Dec 8, 2010 at 6:14:37 am

hey all - rendered about a 40 min drumistic demo with chapter markers from Vegas... these showed up fine in DVD-A. Menu is almost done, and I want to make a link to 'just the songs' which will skip things like a studio outtake chapter, a little funny tour around the studio, etc. But... when creating the playlist, the chapters don't seem to be seen as having "ends". In the playlist, when you view the entry, it says length 35 minutes for the first tune, roughly 30 for the next one... then, does NOT skip the next chapter as it should if it were following the playlist, etc. etc. It seems to not be seeing the 'ends' of the chapters. It sees the markers. But end actions won't work (and they don't "stick" when you specify them in the Playlist Properties page - they don't "stay" associated to the playlist items that you say) because it basically plays through the rest of the file once that first chapter in the playlist is begun. I hope this makes sense? Any thoughts? Thanks guys.......

Return to posts index

christian Aaron
Re: DVD architect playlist problem
on Dec 8, 2010 at 2:30:12 pm

Sorry all - found it on the Google from many years ago. As I posted on another forum I was asking: >DVD-A sees the large one-title only once when you bring it to the workspace, so when working with one title and chapter markers - so as to prevent the dreaded DVD player pauses caused by combining clips - the answer is to bring as many instances of the long file as you need for each playlist item to reference, and then set the 'in' and 'out' points for each item in those instances of the long file. Then the playlist item shows the proper length and it sees it as a separate item, not one long file.< I know i've seen this here before, but never put it together in the context of the playlist, so hope this helps folks....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]