FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delay on main menu buttons

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sally Moran
Delay on main menu buttons
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:40:35 pm

Hi,

I'm authoring a dvd for the first time using dsp4 with a main menu, a chapter index and a movie. I've just done a build which I'm testing and when ever I return to the main menu, it refuses to let me click a button until the whole of the motion template has played through(about 35 secs, though I have it looping for 3 mins) In the simulation the buttons work, but the white highlight doesn't appear until the whole template has played through. It's probably something simple, I just wondered if you guys had any ideas?
Thanks Sal

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Delay on main menu buttons
on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:34:11 pm

Your post is a little confusing.

IF you have made a menu in which you have set a Loop Point, then by design the highlights on the buttons will not be active until you pass that point. Then at the end of your menu video it loops back to this point.

So :35 no menu buttons available > after this point menu buttons active > menu loops and buttons are active from now on.

If that is not your case please post back.

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:34:59 pm

Hi Sal

It sounds like you're missing one tiny setting. When you have a video intro to your menu, and then the buttons come on after a bit, those buttons are coming in at the loop point. It's a nice double-use of the loop point, as once the menu is looping, you always want the buttons there anyway!

What you're missing is to make sure your End Jump from the video doesn't just go back to the menu (in which case you'll see all that intro video), but to the Loop point of the menu. You will have to write a little script to do that, but it's not difficult.

You only need one line. Create a new script & select the first line (No op) & go to Inspector panel to create commands.
Command: Jump
Jump to: YOUR_MENU_NAME
and tick the box "Start at Loop Point"

Because Jump is a command which automatically terminates a script, you're done. Now make sure your End Jump from the video targets your script.

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

Sally Moran
on Nov 24, 2010 at 3:17:56 pm

Thanks so much for your advice Fellas.

Yes Michael that's how it was, sorry if I wasn't clear. I've just been crunching through a self-train manual. I hadn't realised that setting a loop point seems to deactivate your menu buttons until after the first play through. Deleting it seems to have solved my problem. I was trying to have my audio and video looping at different rates but I've given up on this. And Chris, what you advise makes sense, so I'll test that out as well. So great to be able to ask questions here.

Thanks again Sal

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:55:19 pm

[Sally Moran] "I was trying to have my audio and video looping at different rates but I've given up on this."

Hmm, that doesn't sound like it would work, unless the entire menu loops (no unlooped portion at the start). Otherwise, the loop points would get further and further out of alignment.

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 24, 2010 at 5:01:17 pm

The loop cannot get further and further out of alignment, it is a content, it has to be the same duration on the audio and video, they are locked together.

If you want a intro that does not repeat but you want the highlights to be active during this intro you build 2 menus, the first has the intro and the rest of the menu, this end jumps to the 2nd menu that doesn't have the intro and you set this to loop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]