FORUMS: list search recent posts

System Stream ignored by DVD player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Kubis
System Stream ignored by DVD player
on Nov 14, 2010 at 5:01:17 pm

Hey everyone!

I encountered a fairly big problem when authoring on presentation DVD recently. Maby I made it all wrong, but according to what I know about scripting, it shpuld have woked:

I created a DVD in DVD SP, and put a System Stream script (SSS) turning on Subtitle Stream 1 ON. As to my knowledge about SSS, once it is set somehow it is active until the player is turned off or until the DVD removed from the player.
Now I had a DVD with multiple tracks playing one after another, with one simple "Play" menu. So I used the SSS as a Pre-Script of that menu. That I thought fixed my problem. When I built it, it wirked, the Subtitle Stream 1 was active on all the tracks.

BUT when I put it into a Samsung DVD player (2010 model) it simply ignored the Pre-Script and my subtitles were inactive on the tracks...

Please tell me, did I do the misstake, or was the DVD player wrong? I did not use GPRM scripts because the SSS looks easier for me and I feel comfortable using it.

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: System Stream ignored by DVD player
on Nov 19, 2010 at 8:10:26 pm

Hi Filip

In your script, you used the "Set System Stream" command to turn on Subtitle Stream 1. That sounds correct to me!
Using a GPRM command isn't necessary in this case, as GPRM registers are simply global variables. It doesn't sound like your programming is requiring any variables, so no need for GPRMs.

I believe the problem you're having is that you've used the script as a prescript for a menu (if I understand you correctly). This isn't always wrong to do, but I've found occasionally that a prescript for a menu didn't run. It appears that some players are better than others at running prescripts.

If it's true that you always want the same System Stream setting, why not run your script after First Play and then have the last command in the script Jump to your menu? (I assume you have a First Play video track of 1-2 seconds of black. This allows the player to get itself sorted out before playing anything we care about.)

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

Filip Kubis
Re: System Stream ignored by DVD player
on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:33:17 am

Already got figured this out in DVD SP forum. Same answear as yours :-) And I am sure it is correct. I reprogrammed it and will never use prescript again. To be honest, there always is other way to do than use prescript...

So thank you very much and hopefully this forum will once help someone googling the same problem :-)

Cheers,

Filip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]