FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should I use 'share' or export a Quick Time file?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Doyle
Should I use 'share' or export a Quick Time file?
on Nov 11, 2010 at 7:47:04 pm

I just finished editing a HD project in Final Cut 7. (EX3 and 7D mixed). I want to produce an SD DVD using DVD Studio Pro.

Should I:

-export as a quicktime file to the desktop and then drop that into Compressor and drop 'Best Quality 90 mins' on it and 'submit'?

Or:

-should I click 'share' in the Final Cut file drop down menu and send to Compressor as a 'DVD'?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Should I use 'share' or export a Quick Time file?
on Nov 11, 2010 at 8:06:10 pm

Do you want/need to author the DVD in DVDSP?

The Share feature in Compressor just adds a simple finishing of the file, so if the resulting DVD is what you want then do it that way. If you it doesn't than encode and use DVDSP. There is no quality difference.

Return to posts index

Richard Doyle
on Nov 11, 2010 at 8:30:12 pm

Yes, I need to author in DVD Studio Pro. When I use 'share' and click 'DVD', Compressor opens and there are already settings assigned to the files. Do I not need to add DVD Best Quality 90 mins? You say there's no difference in quality? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 11, 2010 at 8:49:18 pm

If you are authoring in DVDSP then it is a waste of time to go through the Share process. You can use Send to Compressor, or make a ref movie and just drop into Compressor then take the m2v and ac3 files into DVDSP and author.

I'm not a fan of VBR encoding when you can use high bitrates. I would always you a CBR encoding anytime the average bitrate is over 6Mbps, which it is if you are using 90 minute preset.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]