FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio pro button wont work on DVD player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Alva
DVD Studio pro button wont work on DVD player
on Nov 4, 2010 at 3:49:29 am

Hey guys,

Quick question, I'm having a problem with my menu buttons. If I simulate on DVDSP4 everything works like a charm, my buttons are highlighted when I pass the mouse and if I click the video plays as planned.

Then I test my shiny, brand new, awesome DVD on my regular DVD player and the buttons wont highlight when select them or I just simply don't know where I am on my buttons. However if I press play the video plays normally, and if I press skip next it will go to the next chapter as expected. So higlight/play on simulator but not on player.

I used for this project one of the templates from DVDSP, and use 4 of the 9 by default buttons on the template. I'm sure this is a simple fix but after some hours into this I'm burned, can't find it. Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Rodrigo

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: DVD Studio pro button wont work on DVD player
on Nov 4, 2010 at 8:17:33 am

hi,
have you used the button-overlay-technique or have you been creating yor menu using layered (PSD-)menus?

layered menus wont work on most players and they have a VERY slow navigation.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Alva
on Nov 4, 2010 at 1:08:58 pm

Hi Daniel,

Nope didn't use any PSD generated buttons as I had the slow experience before. Simply used the template buttons as this was suppose to be a quick project. argh..

Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 5, 2010 at 9:20:27 pm

hi rodrigo,
the template-button should work, but I never use them.

create your own menu using photoshop and learn how to use button-overlay-technique and you´ll be happy.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Nov 19, 2010 at 6:12:12 pm

Hi Rodrigo

Your buttons highlight correctly with a mouse, but they don't highlight with a DVD player remote. It sounds like you have forgotten to set up the navigation directions for each button. In the top right corner of the Viewer is a pull-down menu "Settings"; choose "Auto-assign buttons now," or select each button one at a time and go the Advanced tab of the Properties panel, and set the navigation for that button there.

If the button navigation isn't set, the DVD player doesn't know where to go when you click an arrow on the remote. But your Play button works, because there is a default button for each menu and the player just picks that one.

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

Cinnamon Kennedy
on May 17, 2012 at 12:48:44 am

Thank you for this great advice. I never would have guessed about having to set the navigation. Also, for all those out there like me who are teaching themselves DVD studio pro (possibly not a good idea), remember to set the language (there are two tabs under preferences which deal with this) to English, or some DVD players won't recognize your DVDs. Another thing I had to learn by trial and error, error, error, error!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]