FORUMS: list search recent posts

deinterlacing problem with compressor

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Brooke
deinterlacing problem with compressor
on Oct 29, 2010 at 2:09:58 pm

Hi,

I am currently building a DVD for a UK based international arts magazine featuring short films selected from a competition they ram.

One of these films was submitted from the states and has some severe interlacing problems where fades and whip pans are concerned.

The video was originally 23.98fps so I shoved it through compressor with frame controls enabled selecting the conversion to 25fps PAL standard and with output frames set to progressive, resize filter on best and deinterlacing on best (motion compensated) and the adaptive details tick box checked.

The deinterlacing however seems to have absolutely no effect although all other conversions worked just fine.

The picture I have uploaded shows the effect of this when played in QT player during a transition although it only lasts 2 or three frames it is distracting.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: deinterlacing problem with compressor
on Oct 29, 2010 at 9:14:14 pm

If your source was originally 23.98fps, you need to detelecine (3:2 pulldown removal), not deinterlace.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Chris Brooke
on Oct 30, 2010 at 1:33:08 pm

OK, I'm not familiar with that process. Can you give me some guidance? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 29, 2010 at 11:37:59 pm

Is the footage now 23.98? If so just change the timing of the clip, in Frame Control on the bottom you choose SO source frames play at 25 fps.

But if you want real answers you have to give real specs.

Return to posts index

Chris Brooke
on Oct 30, 2010 at 1:35:37 pm

No, the frame posted above is from the video I converted to 25fps using frame control with deinterlacing turned on to best.

What sort of specs are you referring to? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]