FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect commentary track problem on PS3

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Kline
DVD Architect commentary track problem on PS3
on Oct 29, 2010 at 1:55:18 am

I created a DVD with DVD Architect that has a button for a music video, and another button for the video with commentary. It seems to work great in the DVD player in my bedroom, but my PS3 (Playstation 3) seems to have problems with it. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in my project or if the PS3 gets confused.

I can watch the music video no problem, the audio from the music video plays. And I can go back to the menu and select the audio commentary, and it works fine, I hear me and my friend doing commentary. But if I go back to the menu and try watching the music video without commentary, the commentary plays. No matter what I do it's like the PS3 is stuck in a mode where it just keeps wanting to play the second audio track.

If I quick to the PS3 menu and tell it to play the DVD from the beginning, I can then watch the video without the commentary. But as soon as I listen with commentary, it's stuck on.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Brian Kline
Re: DVD Architect commentary track problem on PS3
on Oct 29, 2010 at 1:53:34 pm

Since this was my first post, it went to the moderator and I couldn't post that I fixed the problem until this morning.

The problem turned out to be that on the button for the video without commentary, I had to set the audio track to 1. The default is "No change". Well yeah, if I watch the commentary, my DVD player is set to play track 2. Then if I press the other button, the DVD player is not told to change tracks.

As soon as I figured out my DVD player and the PS3 were both doing the same thing, that's when I figured it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]