FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error from Replicator!!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Merillo
Error from Replicator!!
on Oct 15, 2010 at 5:43:03 pm

Hi guys. I've authored some DL video DVDs with additional ROM content on the disc also. I've exported them as DDP image files and send them to the replicator (on DVDs) and they keep getting rejected with this error...

The EclipseSuite tools were unable to locate the Video Title Set Information file (VTS_xx_0.IFO) for a Video Title Set.

I don't know what's going on here or what's causing the problem. I authored the DVDs in DVD SP 4, and burned the DDP image files to discs using Toast. I've burned numerous copies of working video DVDs directly from DVD SP and they are all testing ok. I explore the TS folder on those discs and there are .IFO files for all the title sets like there should be.

So then I tried exporting a .img file from DVD SP - that's the only image file I can open - and that also contained all the correct files.

Does anyone have any idea on what can be causing this error? Could something be wrong with the DDP image but not the video discs or img images? Can this be a layer break issue? I don't know where to start looking.

Avid MC, OSX 10.5.6, MacPro QuadCore G5 2.6, NVidia GE Force 120, QT Pro 7.6.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Error from Replicator!!
on Oct 15, 2010 at 9:37:28 pm

Try a different replicator. Some are better than others.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 16, 2010 at 3:13:51 am

Delivery on a USB pen drive. This is a common issue with DDPs on burned discs. Also did you deliver the discs UDF formatted?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 16, 2010 at 8:44:56 am

Hi there,
which DDP-format did you use?

there is a known issue with DDP2.1, so you better use DDP2.0 instead.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chris Merillo
on Oct 18, 2010 at 7:18:19 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll ask if sending the images on a drive as opposed to DVD-R is good for them.

I talked to the replicator and they don't know what the problem is because my workflow seems to be correct. Since this post, I've sent them 3 other test discs with the break-point changed, the CSS turned off and both the BP changed and the CSS off just to try anything and no luck.

I think they don't know how to read these disc properly but I don't know.

Does anyone know of a service that can check out DDP images? Or know of a way I can open the DDP image and check it to see if there is indeed something wrong, compared to my working burns?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Merillo
on Oct 18, 2010 at 7:20:08 pm

By the way, the DDPs are 2.0

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 18, 2010 at 7:48:29 pm

Chris,
you can use DVD AfterEdit ME to check your DDP-imge-files.

have you recieved an Eclipse-Error-Log from the replicator? that would be good.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chris Merillo
on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:10:05 pm

I've tried DVD After Edit in the past and was a little lost with it. But I'm thinking I need to get up on that program so I can troubleshoot this stuff myself and know when the problem is onm y end or the replicator's end.

Here is the complete error log from Eclipse...

Invalid Video Title Set Information

The EclipseSuite tools were unable to locate the Video Title Set Information file (VTS_xx_0.IFO) for a Video Title Set.

In a DVD-Video, the EclipseSuite tools read the Video Title Set Information file to analyze and report the format of a Video Title Set. The location of the Video Title Set Information files is taken from the Video Manager and from the file system (ISO9660/UDF). The Video Title Set Information file has a specific structure, which includes a unique identifier at the beginning. If this identifier is not found, it is assumed that the Video Title Set Information file is corrupt or possibly the file has been shifted to another location.

Background

All DVD-Videos begin with a Video Manager (VMG), which is the entry point into the DVD-Video. It also includes a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 99 title sets. Each title set consists of the following files, in the order shown below:

VTS_xx_0.IFO – Video Title Set Information

VTS_xx_0.VOB – Video Title Set Menu (Optional)

VTS_xx_y.VOB – Video Object

VTS_xx_0.BUP – Video Title Set Information Backup

Where: xx = Title Set Number: 01 – 99 and y = File Number: 1 - 9

The location of the title set files is given by the file system (ISO9660/UDF). Additionally, the Video Manager also includes a table with matching locations for the beginning of each title set. Each title set begins with a Video Title Set Information file. This file includes a unique string ("DVDVIDEO-VTS") that identifies the beginning of the file. If this unique identifier is not present at the location given by the Video Manager or file system, then it might indicate that the file is corrupt or has been shifted to another location.
Severity

If the Video Title Set Information file is not present or is corrupt, it is likely that playback problems may occur in the title set that the file belongs to.

Possible Cause

This problem occurs when a DVD-Video image is re-authored and the Video Manager and Video Title Set files are shifted to a different sector location from the original source image.

Type:

DVD

Reference:

None

Default Program Action:

Error

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 19, 2010 at 3:01:02 am

Send on a Pen Drive

Return to posts index

Chris Merillo
on Oct 19, 2010 at 1:31:02 pm

Thanks. That's going to be today's test... sending on a drive.

Thanks for the advice.

Return to posts index

Chris Merillo
on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:42:32 pm

Got a new update from the replicator... my DDPs on hard drive did not work either. However, I also sent him my TS folder and my DVD SP project file to check out because we were both at a loss as to what's going on.

He said he was able to use software to decompile the TS folder and bring it into Scenarist to rebuild a new DDP, however when my TS folder was imported into Scenarist, it came in as PTP. However, all the settings in my DVDSP project are set to OTP, like it should be. Plus, I've burned working discs that function fine from DVDSP.

Has anyone ever heard of the compiler in DVDSP getting the OTP/PTP track setting wrong during the DDP compile? That seems to be what's happening here. I have it set to OTP in the disc inspector and in the format box... it's been like that the whole time. Am I missing it someplace else?

Any idea on what's up?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 23, 2010 at 10:46:49 am

Ive never seen that before. Could it be possible to author a new disc again and have them check it?

Return to posts index

Andrei Zagdansky
on Feb 22, 2011 at 2:07:38 am

Hi, Chris,

I just read the entire thread, it is almost identical with the problem I've encountered with my replicator.
What was the outcome, how you've managed the issue?

Thanks a lot.

Andrei Z

Mac 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
DVD Studio Pro

Return to posts index

Laura Cano
on Feb 1, 2012 at 12:12:33 am

HI guys!

Did you ever find out how to solve this? We're having the same problem with our replicator and are looking like crap with our clients.

Thanks!

Laura

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]