FORUMS: list search recent posts

pixelated travellings

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob von Kreuz
pixelated travellings
on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:30:23 am

Hi all,

I am having a problem creating a DVD for a documentary. I have exported it with final cut with with the following settings: h264 and the dimensions of a DVPAL recording (720x576). The thing is, it works fine when I play it out on my computer, but once I record a DVD, there must be something that is done while encoding that just turns the travelling images into heavy pixelated art.

I have tried re-exporting it with different settings and the pixelated bits do not happen when I exported the video with its current settings as QuickTime movie, but the image quality is much worse...

I don't know if I should try another burner, since Toast doesn't actually give many encoding options, it just does it for you. I'm a little stuck and would appreciate any sort of help or guesses.

Thank you,

Jakob

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: pixelated travellings
on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:01:38 am

You never want to export out H.264 for use in DVD. Its a highly compressed delivery codec, not a mastering one. Export out uncompressed and encode that.

There's been too much hype about H.264. Its a very efficient format for certain purposes. It should NEVER be used within any Post Production workflow! Only for delivery (ie. the web, Blu Ray, ect)

Return to posts index

Jacob von Kreuz
Re: pixelated travellings
on Oct 12, 2010 at 12:27:47 pm

Ill try that. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]