FORUMS: list search recent posts

H264 or Toast 10 for Encoding & Burning Blu-Ray?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
H264 or Toast 10 for Encoding & Burning Blu-Ray?
on Oct 7, 2010 at 10:13:21 am

Just about to embark on the BD road and will be going from an HD (1920 x 1080i) timeline after exporting to a QT .Mov.

Two paths have been suggested: Travel the whole journey with Titanium Toast (I have version 10.0.8 with Blu-Ray plug in) or use Compressor and H264 for encoding then burn in Toast. Which, in your expert opinions, will give the best quality picture? I'm a great fan of BitVice for SD DVD's but can't wait for Innobits to get around to doing a BD version.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: H264 or Toast 10 for Encoding & Burning Blu-Ray?
on Oct 7, 2010 at 4:03:40 pm

Only you can be the judge. Try both and let us know which one you like the best.

Return to posts index

Ken Hon
Re: H264 or Toast 10 for Encoding & Burning Blu-Ray?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 1:50:32 am

We just sent a Blu-ray project out for replication and used Compressor to produce the avc stream. I thought it looked really good. I haven't tried compressing/encoding in Toast, but I did burn one test disk and it looked fine (using the stream from Compressor). The one advantage of using compressor is that it produces a legal stream for replication. We did our authoring in Netblender and burned most of our test disks on the PC side and I thought the quality was very close to the original material shot on a Sony EX-1. If you do use the compressor stream, make sure you go into toast and set the encode setting to never (or something along that line).

Aloha,

Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]