FORUMS: list search recent posts

How long to burn a BluRay of 1 hr program

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Hayes
How long to burn a BluRay of 1 hr program
on Sep 29, 2010 at 4:37:30 am

At the moment I am burning a BluRay disk using Toast 10 Pro. The program is i hr long shot on EX3. I selected 20mbs for the output in Toast. I am burning to the hard drive first and then was going to make a bluray with the disk image burning it ti a BluRay Pioneer burner. Does anyone know how long it should take?

I am using a MacBook Pro 2.4 with 4gb memory. It ha been compressing for about one hour and it is 9% done.

I know I will find out how long it takes when the job has finished compressing which it seems will take all night. I think it is taking a bit long. There is an important screening on Sunday so I don;t have a lot of time to experiment, but I wanted to do a few test burns and the program will change in the next few days.

Is DVD a safer option?

Thanks for any help or tips.

Mark Hayes

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: How long to burn a BluRay of 1 hr program
on Sep 30, 2010 at 11:02:32 am

Mark, I don't know about Blu-Ray but with the older versions of BitVice I was making SD DVD's from my HD timeline and an hour's film would take all night, about six or seven hours. It was the downscale as well as the compression but of course BD does not involve a downscale, just the compression. If you can just leave it o do the job then you'll know for next time, it's the result that matters.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Mark Hayes
Re: How long to burn a BluRay of 1 hr program
on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:54:22 pm

Michael,

I was able to burn 1/2 hours worth of material. Took several hours. It has taken over night to mux/compress the full one hour program. It is still cranking - 70% done after 8 hours.

I will have to be patient.

Thanks for your response.

Mark

Mark Hayes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]