FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I trick my computer into thinking a disk is in the CD drive?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brittany Brothers
How do I trick my computer into thinking a disk is in the CD drive?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:55:31 pm

Ok, so this is a long one... A friend of mine got CS5 and was going to give it to me, but I didn't have my computer with me, so what we did was drag the information off of both the disks and put them in a folder on an external harddrive, which I now have. Now, when I got back and tried to install it on my computer, the whole install works fine until it asks me to insert the 2nd disk. I have the payload folder from the 2nd disk but obviously there's no way of the computer recognizing that that's the information from the 2nd disk. I tried to make a .cdr and a .dmg and then mount from there, but the Installer isn't recognizing it. I read about a way to trick your computer into thinking the disk was inserted, but nothing really worked for me. I tried to burn it onto a dual layer disk but my disk drive isn't working... it mentions a laser power failure or something, which is a whole other issue on its own and I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure and I need to go to the Apple store for that... So... Any Suggestions?? I'm going nuts over this!! Please help!

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: How do I trick my computer into thinking a disk is in the CD drive?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 7:10:57 pm

Wow...

Return to posts index

Brittany Brothers
on Sep 19, 2010 at 7:16:16 pm

wow what??

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 19, 2010 at 8:21:23 pm

to add to Steve's Wow, are you seriously asking us to help you rip off software? What you are trying to do is stealing, plan and simple, black and white. Hopefully you will not find any help here.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Sanders
on Sep 19, 2010 at 8:39:31 pm

ooops.. didn't realize, my bad

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Sep 19, 2010 at 9:57:52 pm

Thanks Michael...I was truly at a loss for words.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]