FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD playback problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Culleton
DVD playback problem
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:02:38 pm

customer has sent a DVD that wont playback on a desktop player but will on a PC

content is a single menu with a Flash video, interactive magazine and some print resources, all fine on a computer

the video is supposed to auto play when inserted into a desktop player but nothing happens

could it be the Flash file?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD playback problem
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:14:49 pm

Flash isnt DVD....so the best guess would be that's the reason it wont play on a set top :)

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:33:48 pm

so why would they do that?

so, i need to re-encode the Flash to MPEG2 and re-author?

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on Sep 9, 2010 at 9:30:50 pm

are there any desktop DVD players that will play a Flash video?

customers tells me that this DVD plays on SOME players?

dont think so but...

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Sep 9, 2010 at 10:32:51 pm

Open the disc. list whats on it? If it doesnt have a VIDEO_TS folder, its a not a DVD.

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:40:19 am

contents are..

_MACOSX
AAW_resources.app
Adobe acrobat reader
AUDIO_TS
fs command
resources
VIDEO_TS
AAW_Resources Flash Player
AAW_resources SWF Movie

[AutoRun]
open=AAW_Resources.exe
icon=IFAW.ico

IFAW

read me which reads..

MAC USERS: Launching the DVD
1. This application does not require a special installation on your computer's hard drive. When the disk is inserted into the drive, it will automatically begin playing the video using your default video player. To launch the Resources application, Quit to exit the video player. Double-click the program (DVD disk) icon labeled "Animal Action Education". Then click "AAW_Resources.app".
2. To run the application in fullscreen mode, click on the round green 'plus' button in the upper left corner of the application window.

WINDOWS USERS:
1. When this disk is inserted into the drive, it will automatically begin playing the video using your default video player. drive, it will automatically begin playing the video using your default video player. To launch the Resources application, Quit/Esc to exit the video player. Find the disk drive folder on your computer, 'explore' the disk using a file explorer, and click the program icon labeled "AAW_Resources.exe".
2. To run the application in fullscreen mode, click on the maximize icon (appears like a rectangle frame) in the upper right corner of the application window.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 9, 2010 at 10:38:19 pm

[John Culleton] "are there any desktop DVD players that will play a Flash video?"
No. But if something was created in flash and exported to a m2v file it would work

[John Culleton] "customers tells me that this DVD plays on SOME players?"
define some players

You are so vague with all your descriptions all we can do is guess.

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:43:43 am

apologies for the vagueness but 'SOME' DVD players is all i get from the customer so i assume it plays in some and not in others, it wont play in ANY of my DVD players

Sony,Pioneer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]