FORUMS: list search recent posts

Price for film dvd authoring service?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wilson wong
Price for film dvd authoring service?
on Sep 6, 2010 at 8:33:12 pm

hi i was wondering how much does a professional studio charge for providing full specification authoring, encoding and customized design like those stunning motion menus on big budget Hollywood films? please take a look at the "Hot Fuzz DVD for Universal Pictures" and other examples then you'll know what kind of menu i'm talking about.

http://www.thepavement.com/work2

just an estimated price would be fine, thank you.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Price for film dvd authoring service?
on Sep 6, 2010 at 11:07:45 pm

Hard to say since I know nothing about the film your working on. It it were me and my graphics guy on THIS , I'd say $6-10K since it looks like there's camera production work.

But you need to look at how many units you plan to sell and compare that to the kind of disc you want. This is the Pavement in London....they do high end work with clients who have big budgets....but also sell millions of units. :)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Price for film dvd authoring service?
on Sep 7, 2010 at 2:20:48 am

Kind of a rhetorical question though- these sorts of big budget studio gigs aren't typically up for grabs or bidding. They are with longtime established vendors or through studio in-house facilities.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]