FORUMS: list search recent posts

Toast Titanium 9 Encoding Tips needed

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Kittavong
Toast Titanium 9 Encoding Tips needed
on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:28:04 pm

Unless theres another DVD authoring program i should use than Toast. I'm using with what my company got. Toast is pretty good too though from what i hear. Here's my concern. I rendered a movie from Adobe After Effects. Here are the specs for the video:

1920 x 1080
Photo - JPEG 100%

I drag that video into Toast and edited the Encoding options. Here are my encoding options i used:

https://home.comcast.net/~alphakilo615/Picture_2.png

The video came out highly compressed and crappy. Smaller than what the video size should be. I'm creating a standard dvd by the way. Not a Bluray or anything.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Toast Titanium 9 Encoding Tips needed
on Aug 25, 2010 at 10:45:32 pm

Toast is not know for quality, it is not a true authoring or encoding program. But that bitrate is way too high, it will not play. Max should not go over 7.5Mbps and only if you are encoding your audio as ac3.

By the screen capture it looks like you are on a Mac, so I would recommend DVDSP to author and Compressor to encode. If you don't have FCS but have Adobe Encore you can give that a try, and use Media Encoder to compress the video and audio.

Return to posts index

Alex Kittavong
on Aug 26, 2010 at 1:48:43 pm

Gotcha, what do you think about iDVD? I have that on my mac right now. It seems that the DVDSP only comes with the Final Cut Studio, which i cannot afford. I got to check and see if i have adobe encore. I thought i did when i installed the creative suite. Thanks for the tip. Ill let you know of the outcome.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 27, 2010 at 12:28:58 am

It is like any of the "i: apps, it is great for what it does. If your needs fits within its box it is fine. If you need to do true authoring you hit a walk pretty quickly but there are people that never hit the walk.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]