FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anybody using DVD-R for Authoring Drives

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
Anybody using DVD-R for Authoring Drives
on Aug 18, 2010 at 8:41:14 pm

If you are, I have (2) 4.7 and (1) 3.9 disc that I would be glad to give away. All you need to do is paypal me $5 for postage (US shipment).

If you don't know what "For authoring" disc are you cannot use these disc, they are only for Pioneer 201 drives that sold for about $3K.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Anybody using DVD-R for Authoring Drives
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:28:18 am

Whoa- are you throwing in some dead sea scrolls? I keed I keed...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:31:13 am

No scrolls, dead or alive, just disc. Come across them and was just wondering if anyone could use them.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 19, 2010 at 4:03:54 am

I wonder if those would still check out with replicators? I guess there's no reason why not.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:28:48 pm

Wow, what a blast from the past. I worked for Sony Digital Authoring Services when DVD first started. The original DVD burners (Pioneer 101?) cost around $16,000! Then the 201 came out and I believe initially sold for around $7000. Those DVD-Rs for authoring were spendy, too. About $50 each as I recall. We were always reluctant to burn quick check discs until we were SURE everything would check out o.k., just because the $$ would add up. Now you can do the same thing with a $30 burner and $.25 discs.

Michael, I know I didn't help you get rid of your discs. I almost would want to keep them for sentimental reasons - almost. Good luck, and thanks for the trip down memory (filled with pits and lands) lane.

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:01:56 pm

Yes, I smile every time I think about the old days. Authoring with Sonic Creator would give you ulcers. The proofing tool was so buggy, nothing stayed in sync, scripts never did what you thought they should, you really had to burn a disc to do a real proof of the project. I started with the disc at $50 per.

I do get a kick out of people whining about burning coasters today. I burn disc just to do 10 minute test encodes and then throw them out.

Maybe I'll frame them or something.

I also have some DLT drives that are up for grabs!

Return to posts index

Chris Linke
on Aug 22, 2010 at 3:06:57 am

This thread broguht a little tear to my eye. Thanks.

Because of the old days, I still get butterflies burning a DVD at more than 1x!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]