FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD From DVD Studio Pro doesn't work in Windows Media on windows 7

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Weimer
DVD From DVD Studio Pro doesn't work in Windows Media on windows 7
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:00:47 pm

Using DVD Studio Pro 4.2.2 build a playable dvd with a menu. Then burned it in Toast Titanium 9.0.7
DVD works on my computer Mac OS X 10.6.4 Quad core intel , in dvd players and on windows xp windows media player. In windows media player on windows 7 it can not be read. It will play in a Roxie player but i need to be able to play it in windows media on windows 7.
What can i do?

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: DVD From DVD Studio Pro doesn't work in Windows Media on windows 7
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:18:23 pm

First verify that a commercial disc will play in it.
Then see if any other burned DVDs will play.

This will help narrow down the problem to either the computer you are playing it on or the discs you have made.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Susan Weimer
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:29:32 pm

this is our problem at the moment:

We are testing it on a vista with windows media player and no dvds will play.

A client able to play it on a windows xp in media player but is not able to hear the audio

and a second client using windows 7 is not able to play at all.

Return to posts index

Susan Weimer
on Aug 18, 2010 at 7:13:24 pm

we have narrowed the problem to be with windows media player. it's able to play on pc's in other dvd players but not windows media.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 18, 2010 at 8:46:11 pm

Yeap, WMP is not a true DVD player, under the right combination of installed software and setup on a computer DVDs may work on some levels. You will go crazy if you promise that your disc will always work with WMP. Solid authoring practices are all you can do and state that your disc will work with probably configured systems with a true software DVD player installed.

One thing I found (this is before Win 7) is that you get more compatibility if the first play is a video vs. a menu. So if I want it to appear that the DVD starts on a menu I use a sec black video as the first play that end jumps to the menu. This is a very safe practice for several reason and is easy to do, takes up no room.

Return to posts index

Chris Linke
on Aug 24, 2010 at 7:33:32 pm

Not only a safe practice, but isn't it required by the spec? Something to do with the there being no resume information if starting off with a menu?

Chris Linke
PRC Digital Media
http://www.prcdigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]