FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jumping Back to Different Language Menu

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie Konyalian
Jumping Back to Different Language Menu
on Aug 18, 2010 at 1:43:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm authoring my first DVD using DVD SP, which has two language menus (English and Armenian), but one video track. If I choose Armenian and then watch the video, when I press the menu button, it jumps back to the English menu instead of the Armenian one. I'm guessing it just needs some simple scripting, but what I've tried hasn't worked. I managed to script the subtitles but for some reason can't figure this one out!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Jumping Back to Different Language Menu
on Aug 27, 2010 at 5:38:59 pm

You could use Stories and scripts to do this. Stories are just like playlists for groups of chapter stops which you can rearrange and set different end jumps that don't affect your main track(s).

So you could add two stories to your main track. And also add two scripts, one for each language.

The idea is: You select the Armenian language, which goes to the Armenian SCRIPT, which should have two operations in it. First it turns on the Armenian subtitles, then it jumps to the STORY for Armenian, which contains all the chapters in the video, at the end of that STORY you have it jump back to the Armenian menu button, or wherever you want it to go.

Same thing with English. Jump to the SCRIPT that turns on the English, then jump to the English STORY, which has all the same chapter stops, but that's a different Story so you can add a different end jump, which would go back to the English menu.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]