FORUMS: list search recent posts

My PC isnt powerful enough to use Max Render on Premiere CS4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Butler
My PC isnt powerful enough to use Max Render on Premiere CS4
on Aug 12, 2010 at 8:19:17 am

Hey there!

Newbie here so please be gentle. I'm in the process of making a film which I want to burn onto DVD. The original footage was shot on a Canon Legria HD camcorder and edited in Adobe Premiere CS4 in an HD Pal 1050i project. I used to the maximum render facility to create a nice looking MPG2 file which matches the high resolution of theoriginal footage. However, when I try to take this MPG2 through encore it produces pretty awful results because it is obviously downscaling the HD footage for SD DVD. The only option I saw was to select the "Maximum Quality Render" option.

Turns out my little dual core processors simply aren't powerfl enough to process this in under a week! :-)

Clearly I need another way of maintaining the best possible quality I can without my computer exploding. I dont really want to go back to square one by starting a new SD project and resizing all the footage so it fits.

I've tried encoding the MPG2 as an AVI to see if the quality is reduced any further but i really am lost so I hope someone can help me.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Olanrewaju Olakunle
Re: My PC isnt powerful enough to use Max Render on Premiere CS4
on Aug 12, 2010 at 11:01:19 am

I will interested in the solution to this problem also as I experience same thing on core 2 duo with Quadro fx3800

Spirit

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: My PC isnt powerful enough to use Max Render on Premiere CS4
on Aug 17, 2010 at 7:24:08 pm

Did you encode the MPEG-2 as HD or as PAL size? PAL DVD uses MPEG-2 @ 720x576 pixels at 25fps. It sounds as if Encore is trying to downsize HD assets.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]