FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC to PAL using compressor?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Mason
NTSC to PAL using compressor?
on Aug 11, 2010 at 8:45:00 pm

Hi, I have an NTSC video (currently in MPEG2) that I need to convert to PAL. I rekon Compressor will work just fine for this, but just wanted to confirm my plan.

Thanks, C.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: NTSC to PAL using compressor?
on Aug 11, 2010 at 10:53:03 pm

Do you have a PAL system to check the quality of the encode, I'm guessing not. If you do not you should never be converting standards yourself, how do you if you are good.

But do a search here and you will find most people telling others there is normally no need to convert NTSC DVDs to PAL, most people in PAL countries can playback NTSC just fine.

Return to posts index

Chris Mason
on Aug 12, 2010 at 4:39:35 pm

Hi Michael,

I took your advice and had the video encoded by a compression house. I just authored the DVD in DVD-SP and need to restrict it to Region 4. When I look at the Disc Info in Apple DVD Player, it still says it is a Region 0 DVD. Can you not specify Regions in DVD-R? Does it only work in replicated discs or should it work when burned?

Thanks! C.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 12, 2010 at 6:28:03 pm

Yeap, you have to replicate the disc if you want to use only certain regions. Then you have to format the title as a ddp file and burn that on to DVD-r this is not playable but it is what they would replicate from. (you can also put this folder on a thumb or hard drive)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]