FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a 2hour long sequence out of FCP and into DVDSP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Richards
Exporting a 2hour long sequence out of FCP and into DVDSP
on Aug 8, 2010 at 2:29:24 pm

Hey Guys,
Following a tutorial I purchased, I exported my 2 hour long DV sequence out of FCP via QT as a reference file to then be imported into DVDSP. While this method worked and I was able to then put that file into one of DVDSP's templates, when I went to burn the DVD, the file was too big. My bit rates were set as low as possible.
So what do I do? Do I first need to export the FCP file into Compressor directly from the timeline? If so, what are the parameters I need to set in order to be able to still have it be a reference file? And it does not need to be self-contained.

If you need more specifics from me in order to be able to best help answer my questions, just ask.

Thanks so much! You guys are the best!

Larry

P.S. Do you know if using the DVDSP templates takes up more space than if I built my own? All I need is some background video and buttons but since I'm new to this and definitely not a techie, I'd really rather use the templates.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Exporting a 2hour long sequence out of FCP and into DVDSP
on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:39:08 am

[Lawrence Richards] "If you need more specifics from me in order to be able to best help answer my questions, just ask. "
Why not just give them, why do we need to ask.

If you encode with compressor you can encode the audio as ac3, this is a must for long videos. Uncompressed is 1.5Mbps vs .192Mbps for ac3, that is a lot of bitrate that is better used for the video or to make it fit.

As far as the video bitrate is concerned you need a bitrate calc and you add up all the video run time and find out how high it can go to fit on the disc. If you gave the TRT I could tell you the bitrate.

Return to posts index

Lawrence Richards
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:33:18 am

Thanks for getting back to me, Michael. The video is just a tad under 2 hours and was shot in SD.

Larry

Thank you!

Larry R.
Florida

Return to posts index

Lawrence Richards
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:46:30 am

One other thing,

When I export the 2 hour file into DVDSP, the file size is 3.2GB which is fine but when I add in the Template that I want to use, the file jumps up to 6.3GB so the burn quits. I know that the easiest thing to do would be to not use a template but I'd really like to.
This, I suppose, brings me back to my original question of how I can get that 3.2GB considerable lower to allow for the template size and then, how do I then make it into a reference file so that DVDSP will be able to read it?
Thank you!!

Larry

Thank you!

Larry R.
Florida

Return to posts index

Lawrence Richards
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:48:52 am

What I meant to say is that I'd really like to use the template. That's my goal anyway. I'll preview my posts from now on before I post.

Thank you!

Larry R.
Florida

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]