FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray and DVD on a DVD-R

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Alznauer
Blu-Ray and DVD on a DVD-R
on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:22:57 pm

I apologize, this may be a stupid question.

We have Encore and Toast Titanium with the Blu-ray plug-in. We're doing some testing burning Blu-Ray onto DVD-R's since our web productions are very short.

My question is, is it possible to burn a hybrid DVD with both a BDMV and Video_TS folders that will play in both a Blu-Ray player and a DVD player?

So far we've been able to burn both onto a disc and a computer will play back as DVD but a DVD player won't play it, and a Blu-ray player reads it as data. If we burn just the BDMV it works in a Blu-ray player (I'm using the Oppo BDP-83).

Before we go nuts trying different burn methods I thought I'd post here and see if we're wasting our time.

Thanks,
Tony

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Blu-Ray and DVD on a DVD-R
on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:53:10 pm

No... unfortunately they are 2 different formats

Return to posts index

Duane Giliam
on Jul 31, 2010 at 6:11:41 pm

Hi

I was wondering - if the file is small enough could I burn a Blu ray disc image onto a DVD so later the client has the option of getting that burned onto a Blu ray disc.

Comming from S.A. Blu ray isnt in huge demand right now but I wana give clients the peace of mind knowing that they could just get the image burned later.

Return to posts index

Tony Alznauer
on Jul 31, 2010 at 7:50:41 pm

If you mean create a disc image and store it as data on a DVD there's no reason that shouldn't work. Data is data.

What we've been doing is building an actual Blu-Ray disc onto a DVD-R, which works as well but not in all the Blu-Ray players we tried.

Return to posts index

Duane Giliam
on Aug 2, 2010 at 4:21:15 pm

Great thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]