FORUMS: list search recent posts

Permission to use a movie on our station

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Permission to use a movie on our station
on Jul 29, 2010 at 4:20:15 pm

We got permission to use a movie that is no longer in copyright. The company told us we could broadcast it with a break in the middle , an intro at the beginning, and a closing. Just those 3 edits to it.

Never having done this before I was wondering if Mpegstreamclip was the best way to export the movie, edit in FCP, then going the DVDSP or IDVD route.

I tried using compressor, but it wouldn't open the DVD. Mpegstreamclip would. I used 2 settings so far. Converting to Mpeg with Mpeg2 audio , and Quicktime with h.264

I don't want to do to much work before realizing, "DOH, I should have used this setting it would have been better."

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FCP 7.0.2
OSX 10.5.8
MpegStreamClip 1.9.3b1

All those numbers reminds me of Michael Keaton's line from Mr. Mom.

Ron Richardson: "Yeah? Are you gonna make it all 220?"
Jack Butler: "Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes."

Message Signature:
I don't have any charming or witty things to put in my signature. So as Peter Griffen says, "That's may mama!"

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: Permission to use a movie on our station
on Jul 29, 2010 at 4:22:00 pm

Forgot to say what I would do after everything.

I'd export it back to DVD and drag the entire project on to our Princeton server to play back.

That's why I'm wondering about all the conversions, compressions, and formats that would work best.

Message Signature:
I don't have any charming or witty things to put in my signature. So as Peter Griffen says, "That's may mama!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]