FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd burning for another region code

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan O'Hara
dvd burning for another region code
on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:07:22 pm

hey im a bit of a novice to dvd burning but im looking to burn a dvd suitable for play in america (i live in wales and my dvd player/ burner is set to the british region code).
Will i need to change the region, if so what do i need to do for it to play in america?
please help me as soon as possible because it needs to be sent off on thursday (its tuesday when im writing this!)
thanks so much in advance
sincerely Dan O'Hara

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Noah Kadner
Re: dvd burning for another region code
on Jul 20, 2010 at 2:59:50 pm

burner does not affect the code- only what you set as open in your authoring program. that info is in the manual.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Dan O'Hara
on Jul 20, 2010 at 3:08:25 pm

ok thanks very much! :)

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Jul 20, 2010 at 3:16:24 pm

Dan,

As Noah pointed out in his less than friendly message, you set the Region Code in your authoring software. The US is Region 1.

That's only part of the issue, however. We here in the US use the NTSC television system instead of PAL. So you would also need to transcode your program and author the disc as an NTSC disc.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Dan O'Hara
on Jul 20, 2010 at 3:21:07 pm

thats a lot more help! thanks very much

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 20, 2010 at 6:01:56 pm

"As Noah pointed out in his less than friendly message, you set the Region Code in your authoring software. The US is Region 1." by Rob Neidig on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:16:24 am

Hi Rob with all due respect, I've written 13,000+ posts on the Cow. A simple pointer to a manual is often all that's needed to actually teach someone something they need to know, rather than spoon feeding them a single bit of isolated information that simply fulfills an immediate need. So please don't mistake my brevity for hostility and I'll extend you the same courtesy.

Best,
Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]