FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best software to use for authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hagan
Best software to use for authoring
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:36:42 pm

I am currently using Avid Media composer to edit my videos, which I shoot on a JVC HD GY-200. The HDV footage is grand and I begin to export. I have found that creating a wmv movie file gives me a very good end product with vibrant colours, compared to Quick movie files for example, which bleach my beautiful HDV footage.

However my problem is the standard authoring packages on my system are Roxio Digital Media plus v7.2 or AVID DVD by Sonic, which compress my movie file even though the file size is way less than the 4.7GB capacity of the disc.

My question is:

Is there a good authoring package that will allow me to keep the quality of my movie file the same as it is before authoring. i.e If I have a movie file which is for example 3.7GB in size, that when I send it to my authoring package, it keeps the quality of the film at 3.7GB instead of compressing it. Surely if there is 4.7GB worth of space, the technology can keep it at its original size. (I dont particularly need the package to do anything spectacular - just keep the quality as good as it is on my computer)

Any info would be greatfully appreciated.

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Best software to use for authoring
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:46:55 pm

Your "compression" program isn't just compressing your video for the fun of it. It is a standards conversion as well. You need this in order for a DVD player to be able to read your data and display it on a TV. So because of the standards applied to the DVD spec, your HDV video will ALWAYS get compressed, downrezed, and converted.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]