FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad White
DVD Authoring
on Jul 12, 2010 at 2:18:36 am

Using Vegas Pro 9 & Architect Pro 5

I finished a Playlist with 15 buttons and it works great when I select "Play All" in the main menu. The time between one track ending and the next beginning in "Preview" mode is 1-2 seconds. However, when I burn the project to a DVD and view it on a TV, the time between tracks is now 3-4 seconds, which is too much black time. Is there some control over this "pause" time between tracks?
Brad

Return to posts index

Brad White
Re: DVD Authoring
on Jul 12, 2010 at 8:30:10 pm

Here is an update to my previous post regarding the "added time delay between tracks".

According to the Vegas User Guide, there is a specification in Red Book that sets a standard for an audio CD that requires a 2 second pause at the beginning and end of each CD track. This means that there is a 4 second delay between tunes on a CD. I'm wondering if this also applies to DVD's when there is an audio track embeded. This seems to be what is happening to my project.

Anyone with similar experience or knowledge?

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Jul 13, 2010 at 2:52:52 pm

Brad,

There is no default time for a pause. The pause is caused by the play head having to queue up to the new track and it varies depending on the player. Some players are very quick and the pause may only be 1/4 of a second. Others will be slightly longer. A pause of 4 seconds sounds WAY too long, so maybe you've got something else going on there. Is this a dual layer disc? The switch to the other layer could take a little longer than a simple track change, but even that doesn't usually take as long as 4 seconds.

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Brad White
on Jul 14, 2010 at 12:14:32 am

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a single layer disc. Here is what I know from trial and error;

The burned DVD (62 minutes) plays fine on a set-top DVD player and fine on a computer DVD drive. The difference being that on the computer drive, one track fades out and immediately fades in to the next track, which is the desired effect. But the same disc played on a TV DVD player (I tried several) fades out and stays black for 3-4 seconds before fading in to the next track. Very much like a CD does between audio tracks. This delay is too long when viewing a video.
Not sure if this is a "live with it" or if there is a control somewhere I'm not finding.

Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]