FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad White
DVD Burning
on Jul 11, 2010 at 9:18:15 pm

Working with Vegas Pro 9 and Architect Pro 5

Just completed my first major project, which includes a main menu with "Play All" and "Play List" buttons, and a linked play list with 18 buttons. The play list includes audio/video projects that were previously rendered in Vegas as .mpg.
Two questions;
1) When preparing to burn, I get the message, "Audio track will be compressed". I thought the audio track was compressed when it was redered as an mpg file in Vegas. Is this normal?
2) When "previewing play all" in Architect, the time between playing the sequential tracks is 1-2 seconds, which is ideal. However, when the project is burned and played on a TV/DVD player, the time between each track is 3-4 seconds, which is too long looking at a black screen. Is there a preset for this time?
Brad

Return to posts index

Dave Lozinski
Re: DVD Burning
on Jul 12, 2010 at 2:15:29 pm

HI Brad,

I'm not sure the answer to your second question, but to answer the first -- you have to render the audio separately from the video when rendering mpeg2 format for DVD.

Basically, the first time through render it as an mpeg2 file; the second time just render the audio as an AC3.

Then in your DVD Architect solution where you want to use it, select the mpeg2 video for the video, and the ac3 file for the audio.

Hope this helps!

-----------------------------------------
http://www.davelozinski.com

Return to posts index

Brad White
on Jul 12, 2010 at 7:50:31 pm

Thanks for your response Dave.

I'm not sure I totally understand what you are saying. Here is an example of waht I have done; In Vegas I opened a new project that contains a video clip (big band) that was previously edited and saved as a .veg file. This clip is dragged to the timeline. From Explorer I selected an audio clip previous imported and saved as a .wav file, and dragged it to the timeline. I then had to sync the video and audio tracks. This was then saved as a new .veg file and then rendered as a .mpg file. So now in Architect I have a number of these previously rendered clips that are added to the playlist, and then re-rendered when I burn a disc.
Are you saying that the .wav audio file should be rendered as and mpeg2 file before using it in a project? This is where I'm confused.

Brad

Return to posts index

Dave Lozinski
on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:50:24 pm

Hi Brad,

No, that's not what I'm saying. :-)

What I mean is once you have your .veg project all good to go, you should render it in two stages.

The first: Do "File | Render As" and choose an mpeg2 DVD template. It will render the video, but the end video will have no audio.

The second: render the project again, except this time choose an AC3 audio template. This will then render the corresponding audio to go with the mpeg2 video to put on the DVD.

So in the end after rendering you should have two files for example: brad_video.m2v and brad_audio.ac3

Then in DVD AP when you create a project and link to the media, select brad_video.m2v as the video and brad_audio.ac3 as the audio.

Hope this helps!

http://www.davelozinski.com

Return to posts index

Brad White
on Jul 13, 2010 at 9:33:19 pm

Dave,

The "light" finally came on.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Brad