FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which type of project to use?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad White
Which type of project to use?
on Jul 3, 2010 at 11:59:41 pm

New to Architect Pro 5.

I am now reasonably comfortable with Vegas Pro 9, but have not yet used Architect to author a project. I have reviewed a number of the chapters but before I go off down the wrong path and spend countless hours, I need some starting advice.
I recently taped a "Big Band" performance (two cameras) and produced 15 .veg projects, each with a 3-4 minute tune. The multicamera feature in Vegas 9 worked well and I successfully sync'd the two cameras and a music track.
THE QUESTION: I want to produce a DVD that has the capability of playing all 15 tracks in sequence (Play ALL button) in addition to being able to select each individual tune with a menu title button, much like commercially available DVD movies. So, do I start with a "Menu-Based Project", or a "Single Movie Title" with markers? And should I create a "Playlist" first.
Any help steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave Lozinski
Re: Which type of project to use?
on Jul 6, 2010 at 12:54:02 am

What I've done (without having any multi-camera view projects) is:
1) Create a menu based project first

2) within a menu (or submenu) create a play list. In the play list you can put the videos/audios in any order you wish. You can also select to have them play sequentially or randomly. After play is complete, you can direct it where to go (eg, where to return to).

3) The link to the play list will be your "play all" button.

4) If you want to play things individually, you have a few options on how to lay them out. What I've always done is listed audio tracks separately on their own page so a user can click on them and then they'll play. NOTE that when you add an audio link, you'll receive warnings under the disc optimization menu that the video isn't optimized. What I've done (which seems to work well) is in Vegas create an mpeg2 file first by inserting the mp3 song, then creating a still video track with the title/author of the tune, stretching it to the length of the audio. Render the video. Badda bing, badda boom. You now have a video that's good for your DVD audio track.

Hope this helps!

-----------------------------------------
http://www.davelozinski.com

Return to posts index

Brad White
Re: Which type of project to use?
on Jul 7, 2010 at 7:02:18 pm

Thanks for the info Dave.
I was able to create exactly what I wanted.

Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]