FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro audio sync problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Lucas
DVD Studio Pro audio sync problem
on Jun 25, 2010 at 2:32:20 pm

Hello Creative Cow users.

This is my first post although I've been a reader of these forums for a little while. We've just finished producing a drama which stands at 19:57, shot in HD 1050 25fps. It has a stereo 2.0 soundtrack and also a surround sound 5.1 track. I'm putting both audio tracks onto the DVD as choices for the user.

I've exported the audio and video through compressor to get the DVD m2v and ac3 files. The 5.1 ac3 track I created using 6 AIF files that were exported separately from the timeline of FCP and assigned to their relevant speakers in compressor. The 2.0 track was made through compressor as well - as I normally would. All of the assets, the video / 5.1 / 2.0 all came from the same timeline and from the same in/out points, so there shouldn't be a problem with the audio syncing as it plays fine out of FCP. But when I've put the audio and video into DVD Studio Pro and burnt a DVD the audio becomes out of sync. To combat this I tested how many frames out of sync it was, by moving the audio track 1 frame at a time. I discovered that it was 2 frames out, but why? It all synced up in FCP and I've never had this problem before using DVDSP / Compressor / FCP.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue, have you experienced it, or do you know a fix?

Thank you in advance

Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Studio Pro audio sync problem
on Jun 25, 2010 at 4:35:35 pm

How are you viewing the DVD to judge sync, simulator? DVD Disc? build File? It should not be the simulator.

Once you get it in sync does it stay in sync or is it drifting?

Return to posts index

Andrew Lucas
Re: DVD Studio Pro audio sync problem
on Jun 28, 2010 at 8:03:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, the sync issue arises when viewing in a DVD player / Mac Pro. Once the sync has been achieved through shuffling frame by frame it stays in sync and then is fine.

Cheers

Andy

Andrew Lucas
http://www.omniproductions.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]