FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding video content to an audio CD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Hathaway
adding video content to an audio CD
on Jun 23, 2010 at 11:56:49 pm

I am being asked to add video content to an audio CD. I've never done this before. I've seen it as additional CD-Rom content where the booklet of the disc prompts you to put the CD into your computer's disc drive, but I was never taught how to make that. Can anybody here help me? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: adding video content to an audio CD
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:40:00 am

This can be very easy or complex. But is has nothing to do with DVD Authoring.

You need to produce a Hybrid CD, which has two partitions, one is the audio CD and the other the video. If you just want the video to reside on the CD nothing much to do, if you want a player skin or interactivity that is something that needs to be build in Flash or Director of the like.

Return to posts index

Scott Hathaway
on Jun 24, 2010 at 5:32:42 am

Thanks for the response and the name of what I am trying to do. Sometimes that is half the battle. Which forum would be appropriate for this post?

_________

I make movies, not a living.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 24, 2010 at 6:57:28 am

Director or Flash if you want to do something fancy but both of those programs have steep learning curves. Simple video file in CD-ROM selection you just need to read a program like Toast's manual.

Return to posts index

Sean McHugh
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:38:17 am

This article talks about adding video to music CD. The correct term is enhanced CD or CD extra.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]