FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray copy/duplication software

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Schuette
Blu-ray copy/duplication software
on Jun 23, 2010 at 5:57:33 pm

Does anyone have any software they can recommend that would allow me to copy my Blu-ray movies that I produced in Encore? Right now I have no way of making extra Blu-ray copies once I have deleted my Encore project. I know there are Blu-ray duplication towers available, but this isn't something that I would be doing very often, so I couldn't warrent that expense.

Thanks for your help,
Kurt

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Blu-ray copy/duplication software
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:11:53 pm

Same the project files on to a BluRay disc as data. Then if you need a copy you copy it back to the HD and burn a new disc. Or better yet, get a HD for backing up old projects you are looking at about a $5/project cost to do so.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 23, 2010 at 7:37:28 pm

Don't have Encore in front of me, but I believe when you go to burn the disc, there are other options, something like "disc image" or ".iso" files can be written to the hard drive, then later a disc burning software can be used to burn that file to Blu-ray (Encore not needed at that point).

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Kurt Schuette
on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:32:45 pm

Interesting. I might have to try that. Do you know if you can create a disk image from an already burned DVD or do you need to do that before you delete the project?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:21:14 pm

Personally, I have never used an "iso" or "image" - if I want to copy or archive a DVD I made, I simply copy the VIDEO_TS folder to my hard drive, and can always "Burn as DVD Video" later with NERO.

Pretty sure though that most DVD copy software will give you the option to copy an iso or image file from an existing disc to the hard drive.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]