FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio TS files empty on DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cris Parker
Audio TS files empty on DVD
on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:33:53 am

When I use DVD sTudio Pro a Video TS file is created, although a folder for an Audio TS file is also created, it is empty. This means I cant access the audio file from the DVD. Any ideas?

Cris

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Michael Sacci
Re: Audio TS files empty on DVD
on Jun 21, 2010 at 7:01:42 am

That folder is always empty, audio for the DVD is contained in the video ts folder.

There was an Audio DVD format that never caught on. so this file is not used about according to DVD spec it should be found on the disc so it should not be removed.

Return to posts index

Cris Parker
on Jun 21, 2010 at 10:45:33 pm

Thanks for that, I thought I was doing something wrong. But if that is the case, can I export audio separately from video?

Cris

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:25:52 pm

[Cris Parker] "But if that is the case, can I export audio separately from video? "

Yes but that is a pretty vague question.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:38:25 pm

audio_ts files are like the appendix, they are typically around on a DVD disc but have no purpose in most cases and are typically empty. Google around if you really want to know what they're there for or just don't worry about them. Not sure about that second question- why would you want audio only for? It must be joined to some sort of video clip or at least a slide show, otherwise it's an audio CD not a DVD video anymore.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]