FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD to FCP to DVSP back to DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Clauson
DVD to FCP to DVSP back to DVD
on Jun 14, 2010 at 10:49:28 pm

Hello all,

In case I really confused you with the subject, here is the basic flow I am having issues with.

My project is a 28:30;00 project with footage from two main sources. 1 from a Canon HDV camera that I have no issues with. The other footage is coming from SD DVD's. My client is at the mercy of the venues he performs at for live footage and 9 times out of 10 that means their final mastered DVD's of the event of which I have to rip, edit and then burn with again.

Here is the issue I am having. Importing goes fine as I rip those to ProRes, editing goes well and then I export via Compressor the DVD 90min best quality setting.

When I play back the DVD, the footage we shot with our camera's looks great, no worries. However, when you get to the part of the show that I originally had to rip from DVD I get this very odd jittery frame with what looks like a ghost image. I have attached a screen shot in the next post from DVD player which shows the effect fairly well. It shows up really bad on HDTV's but on my SD monitor it is is greatly reduced.

I have no clue if this is a field dominance issue or interlacing or something that I missed on encoding settings. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Thanks!

- Jonathan

Return to posts index

Jonathan Clauson
Re: DVD to FCP to DVSP back to DVD
on Jun 14, 2010 at 11:01:58 pm

Ok, I lied. Stupid me I should have realized a still image isn't going to show the issues I am having. I will see if I can get a video upload link to it before the end of the day. Thanks in advance all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]