FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating DVD titles with RCE

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Paredes
Creating DVD titles with RCE
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:50:27 pm

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never heard of RCE until recently. The last time I did some research to keep up with the DVD Authoring pack I learned about ARccOS but that's a topic for a different thread.

How do you go about authoring a DVD with RCE? Here's a link for those curious enough:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Xavier

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Creating DVD titles with RCE
on Jun 14, 2010 at 5:25:18 am

Look up region codes in your authoring softwares manual. Unless you are a Hollywood studio that wants a timed release in different parts of the world you normally author disc that are playable in all regions.

Return to posts index

Xavier Paredes
on Jun 14, 2010 at 12:00:24 pm

Hi Michael,

I'm not referring to regular region codes. I understand RCE is an addition to those. Did you check out the link I posted?

Thanks.

Xavier

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:23:39 pm

Yes I did, so the question is why do you need to limit your release in even a tighter way.

Region 0 players just by pass the need for a specific region code. So with that player it will play any DVD. Those two studios made it so their disc won't play in those players. Is that what you need?

By default programs like DVDSP have all the RC selected and will play on any player.

RCE I believe is property software or scripts used by those major studios.

Return to posts index

Xavier Paredes
on Jun 14, 2010 at 5:01:01 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for you're feedback. I'm a service provider so I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience on how to author a title with RCE. I sounds like it RCE might indeed be proprietary software. I'm wondering if RCE is applied at the authoring phase or replication phase. You never know...I might get a call one day from one of those two studios to author a disc! :)

Xavier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]