FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD studio Pro export

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve wright
DVD studio Pro export
on Jun 8, 2010 at 9:28:02 pm

Hi everyone.

I am a desperate man in need of some desperate help. This problem has been a huge headache to me for quite literally months and I am starting to go a wee bit crazy!

I have DVD studio pro (latest version) but just can not understand how to export my project properly? I edit my video in final cut, send it to compressor, compress it (following step by step tutorials) into the 90min dvd best quality format, import the files in to DVD studio, create an amazing looking DVD, simulate it to check it plays ok (it does) and then burn/format it.

After waiting however long for the burning process to complete, I play the DVD on my computer with no problems (IMAC) but as soon as I put it into the DVD player downstairs I get the dreaded 'unknown disc' or 'disc error' sign pop up....eerrrrrrrggg!

Im sure this problem is easy to fix but I just can not seem to work out what I'm doing wrong?
I've taken a look at the info of the disc and it is in UDF (universal disc format) but still nothing?

if anyone out there can help fix my problem I would be so unbelievably happy. Here is a bit more information which you may or may not need to help:

My current settings are:
Disc media: red laser
Layer option: Single
Number of sides: one
Region: I have everything selected

If there are any question you need to ask to help solve this problem then please feel free to leave a message.

Huge appreciation to anyone that helps.

Thanks,

Steve

All my videos are shot in 1080i50.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD studio Pro export
on Jun 8, 2010 at 11:08:34 pm

Didn't read your post but 99% sure you have made a hd DVD instead of a sd DVD. You will need to reauthor the project.

Return to posts index

Xavier Paredes
Re: DVD studio Pro export
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:57:53 pm

Hey Steve, did you ever solve you're problem? Make sure you are using top quality stock to burn you're disc. I've used Verbatim and Maxell for many many years with 0.01% failure rate. I've also had good results with Sony stock. I don't mean to hurt any manufacturer's bottom line but I've had bad experiences with Memorex, Ritek and other not-so-well-known brands many years ago and never bothered to go back and try. Maybe they've gotten better products recently who knows?...

Keep us posted.

Thanks,
Xavier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]