FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video exceeds 50GB blu-ray capacity?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Owen Sheppard
Video exceeds 50GB blu-ray capacity?
on Jun 6, 2010 at 6:15:08 pm

Greetings... sorry, I'm a total novice with blu-ray technology so you'll have to bear with me. I have an LG "Hot Buttered" Super Multi blu-ray reader/writer connected to an old MacBook Pro via Firewire 800. I have a WD MyPassport Studio 500GB hard-drive connected to the MacBook via Firewire 400.

I'm trying to back up 45.15GB of video data (.mov 1920x1080i, Apple Intermediate Codec) from the hard-drive onto a 50GB blu-ray disc. I select the folders with the video data I want on the disc, drag them from my hard-drive onto the blu-ray disc in Finder, and click "Burn". I then receive a message stating that there is insufficient capacity on the disc.

I've tried removing up to 15GB of data in case there was some need for a buffer on the disc... but I just keep getting the same message.

If anyone knows how to get around this I'd greatly appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
Re: Video exceeds 50GB blu-ray capacity?
on Jun 17, 2010 at 7:32:08 pm

FYI, a 50GB Blu-ray really only holds about 46.61GB of data.

When I burn a Blu-ray data disc for archiving video, I use a program that can burn data Blu-rays, like Toast 10 Titanium which has a Blu-ray data plugin. I have never tried to make a Blu-ray the way you are trying, but my guess is your OS/Finder is only thinking of DVDs when you click burn.

---------------------------------------------
Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]