FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL DVD to NTSC DVD conversion

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Holly Buechel
PAL DVD to NTSC DVD conversion
on May 14, 2010 at 4:46:19 am

Hello Everyone,
I have a PAL DVD from Italy that I need to convert to an NTSC DVD for a friend. Normally, I would just extract the video, convert it to NTSC, and burn a new DVD. However, this DVD has all sorts of menus and various languages that can be selected to watch the video. When I try and extract the video, I can only get the Italian version, but I know the English audio is in there somewhere. Does anyone know how I can just replicate the DVD with all of its menus intact to NTSC? My friend wants to be able to watch it on a DVD player.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: PAL DVD to NTSC DVD conversion
on May 14, 2010 at 9:10:43 am

OS?
and what software used?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 14, 2010 at 4:30:25 pm

All menus/etc would need to be redone/ reauthored for NTSC from the original assets. And yes it's a pain in the a...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Holly Buechel
on May 14, 2010 at 4:40:14 pm

I'm running a MacBook Pro, 2.6 GHz Intel, 4GB memory.
I have a few programs to help with this task: DVD Studio Pro 4, FCP 6, MacTheRipper, MPEG Streamclip, Toast 10, Handbrake and Compressor.
So is there a way to at least get to the English version of the audio and rip the main video with that?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 14, 2010 at 4:57:46 pm

Not to be presumptuous- but are you talking about a commercial DVD you want to pirate for someone? We can't help you with that on this forum. If it's just for a friend- a PAL DVD will play on any computer, i.e. send them your DVD or have them buy the disc in NTSC for themselves.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Holly Buechel
on May 14, 2010 at 6:09:35 pm

No, this is not a commercial DVD. It was given to my friend from a friend in Italy who happens to know how to program menus and alternate languages. If it's not possible, I'll just have to tell him to play it on his computer. Oh PAL...why can't we all just get along?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 14, 2010 at 7:41:24 pm

Yeah that would be the simplest thing to do. :)

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]