FORUMS: list search recent posts

playable DVD with supporting material

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Williams
playable DVD with supporting material
on May 11, 2010 at 9:50:53 pm

I would like to create a DVD that is playable in a standard DVD player or computer, but give the viewer the option of downloading some smaller supporting files from the disc as well (mp3, pdf, etc.).

Is this even possible? and if so, how do I do it? I have also seen music CDs that you can play or put in your computer to access online material. Something like that would work as well, but sounds a bit more complicated.

anybody done this?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael V. Williams
producer/editor
http://www.vernonvision.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: playable DVD with supporting material
on May 12, 2010 at 12:23:42 am

Any material can be put on the DVD in a folder that can be opened in any computer. Accessing them from the disc or providing internet links is another thing. There is no good solution for that, it has been pretty much abandoned years ago.

When you ask a how-to question it is best to tell us what you are using to author but in the case it doesn't really matter.

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on May 12, 2010 at 2:10:44 am

Thanks, Michael.

I generally use DVD studio Pro (version 4), but I'm not married to it if there is an easier way to accomplish what I need.

So, I guess the point is, as long as I import the assets, they will be available on the disc, correct?

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 12, 2010 at 4:59:57 am

For place other files on the disc you put them in a Folder and then point to it in the DVD-ROM.

One thing you need to do is to put all the files into a single Folder like then put this into another Folder In DVDSP you point to and on the DVD you will just have the folder with all the files in it. You don't want loose files on the ROOT of the DVD, some players don't like that.

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on May 12, 2010 at 8:32:24 pm

Thanks again.

When you say "point to it" does that mean to create some kind of connection? I'm assuming as long as the assets are in a folder, then the DVD can be put in a computer, opened and that folder can be found. Then, somebody can simply drag the files to the desktop.

Is that correct?

Mike

Michael V. Williams
producer/editor
http://www.vernonvision.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]