FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layered Photoshop file not coming in to DVDSP layered

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Day
Layered Photoshop file not coming in to DVDSP layered
on May 6, 2010 at 3:55:49 am

I've done this plenty of time before, but for some reason now DVDSP is not importing a layered Photoshop file with the layers. I have a menu built in Photoshop CS4, buttons in selected and activated states, plus a background layer. When I open it in DVDSP, it shows up as a single, flattened graphic. In the inspector, it says there are 0 layers.

What am I missing??

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Layered Photoshop file not coming in to DVDSP layered
on May 6, 2010 at 4:35:09 am

Maybe you're trying to drop that on a motion menu?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Greg Day
on May 6, 2010 at 4:41:59 am

Nope. Creating a Layered Menu in DVDSP.

Discovered one odd thing - even before adding the Photoshop file into any menu, the inspector says it's a Quicktime Picture rather than a Photoshop file. Any ideas why that would be?

These are graphics that someone else created, but I don't see anything in them that looks different from any other PSD.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 6, 2010 at 2:28:52 pm

I'd try opening and resaving the PSD in Photoshop. Perhaps it was saved in a newer format. All else fails recreate in Photoshop. It does work fine in DVDSP when everything is set up from Photoshop properly.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Greg Day
on May 6, 2010 at 3:37:12 pm

Yep, something hinky in the original PSDs. Even doing a Save As didn't help. I had to create a new document and move all the layers into it. The newly saved file works just fine in DVDSP. Weird.

Thanks for you help Noah. Much appreciated.

Editor/Creative Director
dogdayediting.com
@pdxfilms

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 6, 2010 at 4:06:15 pm

Sure no problem. :)

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]