FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing HD content on an HDTV without blu-ray

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Zemel
Playing HD content on an HDTV without blu-ray
on Apr 26, 2010 at 10:06:22 pm

Hello,

I am planning to show an HD video I made (HD720 24p) on an HDTV. The video is about 42 minutes long, and will be set to loop. Normally when I want to show video true HD, I play the video on my computer and send it to the television via the DVI port. Since my computer won't be available, I am wondering what my other options are for displaying this HD video.

The DVD drive in my Mac Pro is about 3 years old, so I don't think it has the ability to burn blu-ray discs.

What are my options to show HD video without a blu-ray player?

I haven't bought the television yet, but I know that many come equipped with USB or SD card readers. Can certain HDTVs read various video formats off SD cards?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Dustin

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Playing HD content on an HDTV without blu-ray
on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:30:32 pm

Yeah a lot of the new Panasonic HDTVs play H.264 clips off SD cards. Visit your local electronics store. That or a nice Mac Mini via HDMI would do the trick. (that makes a nice cheap Kiosk feeder).

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Malcolm Dyer
on Apr 27, 2010 at 10:55:02 am

What about a WDTV or other media player?
Copy the file to a portable HDD, plug it into the player and an HDMI cable to the TV.
Malcolm

PMW-EX1
HVR-A1P
Vegas 8 Pro
MacPro/Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Apr 27, 2010 at 2:08:50 pm

Ditto, the Western Digital WDTV device at under $100 is awesome, just encode to H.264 and play through the device using your USB drive

Jeff Pulera

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]