FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stop at End of Chapter

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abbie Labadie
Stop at End of Chapter
on Apr 20, 2010 at 10:50:33 pm

This shouldn't be that difficult - I'm trying to create a DVD demonstrating the winemaking process; the educator needs to have the video stop at the end of each particular part of the process. I have end action set to Stop for each chapter. It needs to hold on the last frame of that chapter, so the educator can pause for Q&A, then either play that chapter again, continue to the next chapter, or go to the main menu - but it goes to black. I can't get it to work right (of course, it does in the preview) - is there a way of doing this in DVD Studio Pro or Encore? I've tried both. Or is this too complex for those programs? (Or for me, ha ha)

I was hoping it would work in Encore, because we need to eventually make the same thing in HD on BluRay.

Thanks for any input. I've searched & searched & tried different things to no avail...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Stop at End of Chapter
on Apr 20, 2010 at 11:47:02 pm

It is not hard but you have to understand what is going on.

The Pause command works on the next chapter marker. So if you want to pause the playback at chapter 2 you put the pause command on chapter one, then the screen you want to hold on should be the first frame of chapter 2. Remember a chapter mark has to fall on an I-frame so you need to use a sec of that frame. Then simply using the remote you can hit play, prev chapter or menu button.

Return to posts index

Abbie Labadie
on Apr 21, 2010 at 7:31:33 am

Thanks, Michael! I will try that tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Apr 21, 2010 at 3:18:37 pm

The other way to do it would be to create a menu page that the player would go to at the end of the chapter. It would happily sit there until you make a menu choice, such as "Replay Chapter", "Go to Main Menu", etc.

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]