FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd studio pro - footage too big for dvd

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
melisa tecimen
dvd studio pro - footage too big for dvd
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:15:00 am

Hello,
I am having a problem with suthoring a dvd on dvd studio pro. My footage is 45min. 16*9 HDV, which I exported as Apple Pro Res HQ. For better quality I choose a high bit rate and HD DVD, after encoding is done when I try to burn the DVD I receive the message that the DVD is too small. If you have any suggestions on how I can get this 45 min. footage on the DVD in best quality I would be grateful!
thanks...

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: dvd studio pro - footage too big for dvd
on Apr 16, 2010 at 3:14:37 pm

[melisa tecimen] "For better quality I choose a high bit rate and HD DVD, after encoding is done when I try to burn the DVD I receive the message that the DVD is too small."

Hello Melisa,

A couple of things: if you are going to use DVDSP to do your encoding, choose a lower bit rate (CBR max. 7Mbps). You will probably get better results if you encode first using Compressor and then bring that into DVDSP as an asset (you will end up with both video and audio assets). Use the Compressor DVD Best Quality 90 minutes template as a starting point and tweak from there, but the default setting should work just fine.

More importantly, despite DVDSP still including HD DVD as a format, there is no such thing - unless you are catering to a small handful of people who might still have and use HD DVD players. It's a dead format. Blu-ray is the only HD disc format and Apple is slow to address that. So you will have to author a SD DVD.

HTH.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:27:53 am

Please search through this forum on HD-DVDs. This has come up many a time- does not work/exist...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Oct 11, 2010 at 10:20:09 pm

I can't believe this. . .

I wish the masses would have seen what a mess BluRay was going to be, so that they would not have jumped on the BR bandwagon. Had everybdy listened to Jobs way back when he said, "BR was a big bag of hurt" we could have been making more HD DVDs.

DARN IT!

Message Signature:
I don't have any charming or witty things to put in my signature. So as Peter Griffen says, "That's may mama!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]