FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Geigle
DVD Studio Pro
on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:01:47 pm

Hi All,

I have created a project in Final Cut Pro, created a file via Compressor and imported that file into DVD Studio Pro.

Once I created the DVD, I played the DVD in my DVD player and watched it on my TV. I can play the DVD on two of my Mac systems. The problem is, my client has a PC and it won't play. They had to download Corel WinDVD software and it works.

They want to send this DVD to their clients and they feel that they should not have to tell their clients that they need to buy additional software to watch their video...

I need some guidance on how to create a DVD in Studio Pro that will run on both a Mac and PC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dale Geigle

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: DVD Studio Pro
on Apr 13, 2010 at 7:40:09 pm

From what you described, it sounds like they didn't have any other DVD player software installed. It's not that "extra" software is required to play it, it's just that they need a proper DVD player and mpeg2 decoder. Not sure what version of Windows they have, but I don't think all versions (especially XP) comes with an MPEG2 decoder out of the box. This is not the fault of your (or any) DVD. No way around that. I could be wrong if others chime in with other thoughts, but this sounds like what is going on.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Apr 13, 2010 at 7:46:25 pm

[Dale Geigle] "The problem is, my client has a PC and it won't play. They had to download Corel WinDVD software and it works."

Ask your client if they were able to play other DVDs on their computer before. If they could, then I'm not sure what the problem is - sorry I can't help you there. If they couldn't watch other DVDs then it's most likely they never had DVD playback capability... until they installed it. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Windows OS does not include a DVD player like Apple does.

Hope this helps.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Dale Geigle
on Apr 13, 2010 at 8:23:06 pm

Thanks guys for your help. One last question.... I get it that a PC may not have the right decoder, What I don't understand is the reason that the DVD plays in one DVD player (That is hooked up to a TV) and not in a different one? Could the one that it did not play in be an older DVD player and not have the right decoders?

Dale Geigle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]