FORUMS: list search recent posts

need good dvd burning software -Toast sucks

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Spencer
need good dvd burning software -Toast sucks
on Apr 11, 2010 at 8:56:17 pm

I am a filmmaker and had been using Toast 6 for years to burn DVDs from Video TS files. Fine.

Installed Snow Leopard and Toast 6 stopped working. Fine.

Spent $100 on Toast 10 Titanium. Fine

Toast Titanium has every bell and whistle you can possibly imagine, but it cannot burn a DVD. Not so fine. It does not calibrate the blank disc capacity correctly. It says there are only 4.3 gigs on a single layer disk that really has 4.7 and 5.7 on a dual layer which really has 8.5. Roxio tech support has been completely worthless. Downloaded update from version tracker, did not fix problem.

On deadline and need to find a burning solution that actually works. Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: need good dvd burning software -Toast sucks
on Apr 12, 2010 at 12:33:50 am

Most software that you author DVDs with can burn the disc.

But the sizes are correct, just a different way of describing it. 4.3 for a 4.7 and 7.5 for 8.5 is correct.

So if you do a get info in the finder on the video ts folder and it tells you it is 4.5GB it will not fit on a DVD-R.

Return to posts index

wesley kirk
Re: need good dvd burning software -Toast sucks
on Feb 17, 2012 at 3:13:33 am

I waste more blank DVDs trying Toast Titanium 10 than I can afford. A waste of over 100$.
I do all my DVD work on my Virtual Machine, Parallels. I use DvdFlick, a free program to convert videos to TS folders, and then Total Media Extreme which I got when I bought an external Memorex DVD player. This combination never fails.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]