FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really basic DVD-creating software

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Matthews
Really basic DVD-creating software
on Mar 28, 2010 at 2:10:41 pm

Hi,
Just joined this forum because I don't know who else to ask. I don't want to do anything more than put my home videos on DVD to play on my own TV and those of friends and relatives.

I have a Sony Handycam model DCR-SR45. It came with software called Picture Motion Browser (PMB), which I installed on my PC, running Vista. The problem is, if I change any files in any way (rename, move to different folders, etc.) using Windows Explorer, I can't use PMB to make DVDs of them - just data files. I can only make a DVD with PMB if I do everything in PMB and don't change anything, including the filename or folder name.

I want to buy something that I can use to put any of my files (mostly MPEG, but some Avi and Flash) on DVD and maybe do very basic editing, like cutting off the start and finish of a file, etc. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

My local Best Buy has four that I am looking at:
Pinnacle Studio HD
Corel VideoStudio Express 2010
Magix Xtreme Photostory on CD and DVD8
Magix Family Movie Creator

Would any of these do what I want it to do, easily, without a huge learning curve? I don't really enjoy spending time in front of a screen, I just want to do what I need to do as simply as possible.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave Lozinski
Re: Really basic DVD-creating software
on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:31:48 am

From personal experience, I found the Roxio Easy Media Creator suite the easiest to start off with and learn.

Once learning those tools, I advanced up to Sony Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro.

For video editing I tried Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere CS5, Cyberlink PowerDirector (my second favorite), Corel, and a few others.

I love Sony Vegas Pro the most as I found it the easiest, most flexible, can handle anything I throw at it, and (most importantly) doesn't crash (the users on Amazon.com complaining about the Adobe products crashing weren't kidding!).

Hope this helps!

-----------------------------------------
http://www.davelozinski.com
-----------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]