FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Create a BluRay Disc

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
How to Create a BluRay Disc
on Mar 17, 2010 at 5:17:25 pm

My in-house DVD guy left the company recently. He trained a new person to do everything except the occasional BluRay disc. We don't usually deliver in BluRay.

We do primarily weddings. We shoot XDCAM disc (w/PDW-F350 and F330 cameras), and cut on FCP. We shoot HD, cut HD, archive HD (we dub realtime back to an XDCAM disc) and always deliver Widescreen SD DVD.

I've got a client who we promised his program on BluRay to. The program is 90 minutes long. My senior editor said that she is sort of familiar with the process and said that we have Premiere and Encore for doing it, but she doesn't know what to do. She routinely creates authored DVDs but not with Premiere or Encore, she does it on FC.

Is there an instructional step by step available somewhere that I can point her to for creating the BluRay on Premiere and Encore? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: How to Create a BluRay Disc
on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:20:56 pm

If you have the newest version of FCS (3 or 2009) Compressor can make simple BluRay disc. Take a look at Apples website.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: How to Create a BluRay Disc
on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:24:59 am

We have created a complete walkthrough video tutorial for creating a Blu-ray and DVD disc in Encore for our Pro Motion Menu Kit products.

It is freely available to everyone, and can be accessed from the Tutorial section of our website. Simply select any menu, then go to the Encore tutorial.

Even though it was created for use with our products, it is very useful for anyone using Encore, as it walks you through using custom motion menus, the chapter index feature, Blu-ray Pop-up menus, Menu transitions, and explains how to avoid all the major bugs with the program.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]